Microneedling All you need to know.
What is a Microneedling/Vampire:
Our Microneedling uses several fine needles in conjunction with growth factor serums to create invisible micro channels that stimulate specialized stem cells within your skin. You will see almost immediate improvement after one treatment and long term improvement with a series of treatments. In addition, there is little to no downtime post procedure!
Microneedling is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that stimulates your blood circulation. It’s typically done to improve the appearance of scars and increase collagen production.
Microneedling works by encouraging your skin to make more collagen. The idea is that pinpricks from the procedure cause slight injury to the skin and that the skin responds by making new collagen-rich tissue.
This new skin tissue is, in turn, more even in tone and texture. It’s normal for the skin to lose collagen via age or injury. By encouraging the skin to make new tissue, there may be more collagen to help make the skin firmer, too.
Who is it for:
Microneedling is most often used for people who suffer from:
- acne scars
- age spots (also called “sun spots”)
- fine lines and wrinkles
- large pores
- other types of scars
- reduced skin elasticity
- uneven skin tone
In addition to facial concerns, Microneedling is sometimes used to treat stretch marks in other areas of the body.
- If you have a history of bruising, it is recommended to discontinue fish oils for 10 days prior to treatment.
- Before getting started, we will use a topical anesthetic to reduce the chances of pain. This is done about an hour before your treatment.
- Your skin will also be more sensitive to the sun, so sunscreen is a must.
- When numbing wears off your skin may feel like a mild sunburn. You may apply cool, dry compresses as desired.
- Do not wash face for 6 to 12 hours post procedure (ideally wait 12 hours if possible for best results)
- Use a gentle cleanser without exfoliants when you first cleanse face and then apply Livra Cellular Renewal Serum (1) and Healing Accelerator (2) to enhance results. (Cleanse and apply 1-3 pumps).
- Continue using the Livra products daily, both morning and night. You shouldn’t need to use any other products besides a sunscreen. If you have continued dryness you may need to incorporate an HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator.
- Once the Livra products are gone (typically about 10-14 days) you can return to your normal skin care product regimen. It is highly advised to use a TNS product and HA5 to maintain results.
- Make Sure to schedule a follow up treatment in about 4 weeks time!
What To Expect:
- You may have mild redness, swelling, itching and flaking/peeling (trans epidermal water loss) for 24 to 72 hours after procedure. Typically the first 24 hours are the worst.
- Mild, superficial breakouts may occur and generally clear up quickly on their own within a few days. Do not pick!
Microneedling isn’t invasive like plastic surgery, so the recovery time is minimal. According to Emory University, most people require very little downtime, if any at all.
You may notice skin irritation and redness within the first few days following the procedure. This is a natural response to the small “injuries” made by the needles in your skin.
You can go back to work or school after the procedure if you’re comfortable. Some people apply camouflaging makeup during the first few days as the redness dissipates.
After microneedling, your skin works fairly quickly to rejuvenate new tissue. In theory, you should see results within a couple of weeks. To maintain the results of your treatment, you’ll need multiple sessions and perhaps other complementing treatments. Your doctor will advise you on the best plan of action based on your individual goals.