Tixel Treatments All you need to know.
What is a Tixel Treatment:
Tixel is an advanced skin resurfacing device which utilizes thermo-mechanical ablative (TMA) technology. TMA produces customizable results by the direct use of heat in which tiny needle-like pyramids on a titanium tip are heated to 400°C and stamped along the skin’s surface. This heat energy stimulates collagen production. The versatility of Tixel allows treatment to be tailored to each customer’s individual needs.
There are many Advantages of Tixel
- Fast and convenient with amazing results
- Minimal pain and downtime
- Visible results beginning in 10 days. Full results 4-6 weeks after treatment
- No toxic chemicals, needles, or radiation
- Suitable for multiple areas of the body
- Can be used on all skin types
- Results may last up to TWO years.
Who is it for:
For anyone is looking to:
- Decrease Wrinkles and fine lines
- Minimize acne scars, stretch marks, and other imperfections
- Even out skin discoloration from Rosacea and/or sun damage
- Combat active acne
- Enhance tone and texture
- Lift Eyelids (comparable to blepharoplasty)
Needs help with Dry Eye.
- Any contacts will need to be removed beforehand.
- Certain skin types maybe required to do pretreatment skin regimens.
- Avoid fillers 14 days prior to treatment.
- Treatment usually lasts 45-90 minutes depending on the area(s) being treated.
- Topical numbing cream is applied to minimize discomfit. However, many patients find the treatment tolerable enough to do without numbing in certain areas.
- Once treatment begins patients may experience the sensation of heat similar to a sunburn
First 24 Hours:
- Do NOT wash treated area(s) for 24 hours!!!
- Every 30 min apply recovery repair complex
- Every hour apply Kligman if directed
- After six hours reapply HA mask then throw away
- After 24 hours cleanse face and begin Post Procedure Kit as directed
- Continue meds if necessary/directed
- Increase fluid intake
- Cleanse skin twice daily with simple emollient cleanser
- After cleansing, pat skin, do NOT rub, then apply emollient
- SPF 50 and wide-brimmed hats if outdoors.
- For Low intensity treatments you can use gentle mineral makeup day 1-2
- Sleep on back with head slightly elevated, to decrease swelling.
- No further meds needed, unless specifically recommended.
- Continue gentle cleansing morning and night followed by applying a generous amount of emollient.
- Max amount of exfoliation occurs between days 3-5.
- Vinegar soaks may help with exfoliation (1 tbs vinegar w/1 cup warm water)
- Continue with emollient application and sun exposure precautions.
- Continue gentle cleansing twice daily
- Use recommended treatment serum on clean skin.
- Always apply SPF 50 sunblock before going outdoors
- Use emollient as needed
- Gentle mineral makeup may be used
- Your pretreatment skin regimen can be resumed, as advised by your provider.
What To Expect:
Afterwards the skin will appear red, there may be mild swelling, skin crusting, and/or scabbing. These side effects are usually mild and disappear 2-3 days after treatment. Mineral Makeup may be applied as early as 48 hours after treatment and other types of makeup 72 hours post-treatment.
Before & After Photos
“I had a fantastic experience with Tixel. I had two treatments on my face and neck. Brittany put the numbing cream on, and there was minimal discomfort. I was red for the rest of the day, but the next day was just slightly red. I was thrilled with the results. The first treatment was great, but the second treatment was a huge difference. It evened out my skin tone and softened lines. Highly recommend this procedure. Thank you!!”