Microneedling with PRFM All you need to know.
What is a Microneedling with PRFM:
During this appointment, the patient has their blood drawn. The blood is then spun in a centrifuge to separate the patient’s own PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma). This PRP serum is then channeled into the skin using the micro-needling technique. In addition, the PRP can also be injected into targeted areas to act much like a filler does, erasing lines, volumizing, and healing. We use Sephyl (PRFM) the next generation in PRP!
Who is it for:
The ideal age to do a Microneedling with PRFM treatment is anywhere between 20-70 years old. In the younger client we can target sun damage, acne scarring, and overall complexion. In the early to mid-30’s client, we can target all of the above with the added benefit of improving or preventing sagging skin.
- If you have a history of bruising, it is recommended to discontinue fish oils for 10 days prior to treatment.
- Before getting started, we will use a topical anesthetic to reduce the chances of pain. This is done about an hour before your treatment.
- Your skin will also be more sensitive to the sun, so sunscreen is a must.
- When numbing wears off your skin may feel like a mild sunburn. You may apply cool, dry compresses as desired.
- Do not wash face for 6 to 12 hours post procedure (ideally wait 12 hours if possible for best results)
- Use a gentle cleanser without exfoliants when you first cleanse face and then apply Livra Cellular Renewal Serum (1) and Healing Accelerator (2) to enhance results. (Cleanse and apply 1-3 pumps).
- Continue using the Livra products daily, both morning and night. You shouldn’t need to use any other products besides a sunscreen. If you have continued dryness you may need to incorporate an HA5 Rejuvenating Hydrator.
- Once the Livra products are gone (typically about 10-14 days) you can return to your normal skin care product regimen. It is highly advised to use a TNS product and HA5 to maintain results.
- Make Sure to schedule a follow up treatment in about 4 weeks time!
What To Expect:
- You may have mild redness, swelling, itching and flaking/peeling (trans epidermal water loss) for 24 to 72 hours after procedure. Typically the first 24 hours are the worst.
- Mild, superficial breakouts may occur and generally clear up quickly on their own within a few days. Do not pick!
Microneedling isn’t invasive like plastic surgery, so the recovery time is minimal. According to Emory University, most people require very little downtime, if any at all.
You may notice skin irritation and redness within the first few days following the procedure. This is a natural response to the small “injuries” made by the needles in your skin.
You can go back to work or school after the procedure if you’re comfortable. Some people apply camouflaging makeup during the first few days as the redness dissipates.
After microneedling, your skin works fairly quickly to rejuvenate new tissue. In theory, you should see results within a couple of weeks. To maintain the results of your treatment, you’ll need multiple sessions and perhaps other complementing treatments. Your doctor will advise you on the best plan of action based on your individual goals.
Before & After Photos
Friendly, Knowledgable & Supportive!
“Trina and her staff at Monumental MedSpa are warm, friendly, knowledgable and supportive. I used to hop around from one place to the next, all depending on the best value. I have stopped hopping and have stayed put since my first visit with Monumental MedSpa. There is no need to look for a better experience or a friendlier staff, because it can all be found right here!”