Kybella All you need to know.
What is Kybella:
Kybella is a nonsurgical injection technique used to reduce excess fat beneath the chin. · Each treatment takes about 15 to 20 minutes.
One of the most significant advantages of Kybella injections is that the fat removal results of the treatment will last a lifetime.
Who is it for:
It may be right for you if you’re bothered (unhappy, self-conscious, embarrassed) by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness.
Do NOT use the following products 2 days prior or 2 days after your treatment (or until pinkness has subsided): RetinA, retinoids, or similar vitamin A compounds, harsh scrubs or exfoliating products, or bleaching creams (unless instructed otherwise by your provider).
- Gentlemen: Shave the treatment area one day before your scheduled treatment (unless instructed otherwise by your provider).
- Do not apply any creams, lotions, perfume or makeup etc. to the treatment areas prior a to be treated, prior to treatment.
To decrease the chances of lightheadedness during your treatment, ensure you have had a recent meal, including food and drink, before your procedure. Please warn the provider if you have a history of fainting.
- Schedule your Kybella® appointment at least 2-4 weeks prior to a special event which you may be attending, such as a wedding or a vacation (due to bruising and prolonged swelling).
- Reschedule your appointment at least 48 hours in advance if you have a severe rash, cold sore, or blemish in the treatment area.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 10-14 days prior and 3-4 days post treatment. Medications such as: Aspirin, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, St. John’s Wort, Omega 3/Fish Oil Supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDS have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections.
- Do NOT consume alcoholic beverages 1 week prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
- Consider taking Arnica tablets beginning 1 week prior to injections to prevent bruising.
Post Treatment Care:
Avoid extreme temperatures of heat for 24 hours post treatment (i.e. Jacuzzi, hot showers etc.). Do NOT consume alcohol or sodium for 3 days post treatment to avoid excess swelling. Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours post treatment.
- Ice packs may be used to the treated area during the first 12 hours. Ice for 15 minutes every hour. However, icing can be discontinued if uncomfortable.
- Do NOT massage the injection site. Swelling, tenderness, bruising, numbness, and areas of firm nodules may occur and will resolve over time without intervention.
- Do not wrap the treated area, and do not take anything to prohibit swelling the day of the treatment or for the days following treatment.
What to Expect After Treatment:
You will experience swelling and bruising for 3-5 days post treatment, which will begin decreasing over a period of a few weeks. Swelling can last 4-6 weeks.
- Many patients need 2-3 treatments for desired results, please schedule a follow-up appointment 4-6 weeks after your first treatment.
- Results are not immediate. Results may be seen as early as 4-6 weeks post-treatment, but full results will not be noticed until 12 weeks post-treatment.
- Numbness can last up to 12 weeks.
- You may feel a sense of heaviness following the treatment, especially when laying on your back. This sensation may make you feel short of breath. However, Kybella® does not compromise your airway.
- Notify our office if any significant swelling, bleeding, pain, dusky discoloration, difficulty swallowing or smiling, or if fever occurs.
Before & After Photos
“Always a positive experience. Trina and the girls are great at what they do, making us better!!!”