Fillers All you need to know.
What are Fillers:
Fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance facial contours.
They fill lines and wrinkles and add volume to areas such as your lips or cheeks. Fillers are not permanent. How long they last depends on things like the type of filler and where it’s injected. They usually last between 6 and 18 months.
Who is it for:
Dermal fillers are approved for specific uses in people aged 22 and older. Those uses include: Correcting moderate-to-severe facial wrinkles and skin folds. Increasing fullness of lips, cheeks, chin, under-eye hollows, and jawline.
- Discontinue use of any Fish Oil supplements at least 10 days prior to injection
- If there is a history of easy or severe bruising tendencies, pre-treat with Arnica Sublingual tablets 3 days prior to treatment
- No dental procedures for 2 weeks prior.
Post Treatment Care:
- If at any point pain becomes prominent contact our office immediately.
- No makeup for a minimum of 12 hours. Ideally wait until the next day to apply makeup and use clean applicators.
- To decrease the risk of infection: Avoid touching the injected areas.
- Avoid dental cleanings and procedures for 2 weeks after injections.
- Schedule a follow up appointment to come in 14-21 days to check your results!
- ICE ALL Fillers EXCEPT Voluma
What to Expect After Treatment:
These include redness, bruising and tenderness at the injection sites. Discomfort or tenderness lasts only a few days and can generally be managed with over-the-counter pain relievers such as acetaminophen. Hypersensitivity and numbness are also common for the first few days after treatment.
- Although some instant results will be noticeable, it takes a full 14 days for the complete results. We will not inject prior to 14 days. Therefore, if you are concerned with the results, please wait the full two weeks before scheduling to come in for a touch-up or more product.
- Bruising, swelling, and tenderness may be present at the injection sites.
- Tenderness and swelling should be mild.
- Asymmetrical swelling, lumps, bumps, tenderness, and bruising are very normal and can last as long as 4-6 weeks.
- Call the office immediately if you experience blisters, traveling bruises, discoloration (skin appears white or grey), or intense pain.
Before & After Photos
“Lip filler, Botox, and chemical peel but EVERYTHING I’ve ever had at Monumental Med Spa has been nothing short of incredible!!! They always make me feel better and beautiful.”