Dermaplane All you need to know.
What is Dermaplane:
Dermaplaning is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure for your skin. We use a special instrument to shave away the uppermost layers of your skin. Dermaplaning can help reduce the appearance of acne scars or other skin imperfections by revealing newer, undamaged skin.
Who is it for:
Anyone who would like very soft skin, smooth out uneven skin texture and will gives you a smoother base for your foundation and makeup.
No shaving, laser treatment, peels, waxing, or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to. Dermaplaning treatments.
Please let your skincare specialist know if you are on any medication (topical and/ or oral, have any medical conditions, or are being treated by a physician for any conditions. Let your skincare specialist know if you have been diagnosed with cold sores or Herpes simplex. No shaving, laser treatment, peels, waxing, or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to Dermaplaning treatments. You should wait 14 days after receiving botox or dermal fillers to receive Dermaplaning treatments.
What To Expect During Treatment:
Your clinician gently scrapes away the top layer of your skin using a scalpel-like tool with short feather-like strokes.
Post Treatment Care:
- avoid sun exposure
- limit makeup use
- skip harsh products
- apply gentle moisturizers
Try to avoid direct sun exposure for three days after dermaplaning and keep your face protected with sunscreen (as you totally already do, right?). Even though the treatment is fairly gentle and doesn’t hurt, you’re still losing a very thin layer of skin, so your face will be more sensitive to the sun and slightly more susceptible to sun damage.
- No recovery time, following treatment, you may immediately return to your normal activities.
- Use a gentle cleanser and apply moisturizer at least twice daily for a minimum of 7 days post treatment
- Avoid excessive heat, sun beds, steam rooms/ saunas, sun exposure for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply spf 30 or greater, reapply often, wear a hat, and seek shade when possible.
- Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
- No scrubs, peels, or aggressive brushes for 7 days.
- Do apply serums as absorption levels will be elevated.
- Be sparing with self-tan, remember absorption levels are elevated.
What To Expect After Treatment:
Right after dermaplaning, you can expect some slight redness in your face, but not always, and if you do, it’ll fade quickly. And reminder, the results will last for two to three weeks, depending on how fast your hair grows.
- You may experience a slight windburn sensation post treatment and skincare products may tingle slightly, this is normal for the first few days. For best results, Dermaplaning treatments are recommended every 4-6 weeks.