CO2 Laser Resurfacing All you need to know.
What is CO2 Laser Resurfacing:
It is a laser skin treatment that the resurfacing targets the outer layer of your skin while simultaneously heating the lower layers in the dermis. This promotes collagen production. Ideally, new collagen fibers will help produce new skin that is smoother in texture and firmer to the touch.
Due to the highly specified nature of the lasers involved, CO2 laser resurfacing can target specific areas of the skin to provide a truly tailored treatment option for patients.
Generally speaking, there are minimal risks involved for the patient, which are carefully managed, and the procedure itself is tolerable. The sensation is often described as similar to a rubber band snapping against the skin, but the sensation depends on the area of treatment, the depth of the laser and the individual’s pain tolerance.
Who is it for:
If you have particularly bad acne or are accustomed to getting a lot of spots, CO2 laser treatment can help significantly improve the scarring associated with both of these issues.
If you have wrinkles- Why look older when you still feel young at heart? Thanks to CO2 laser treatment, you can now look as old as you feel and take the quality of your skin back decades in time.
If you need your skin color to look for uniform-CO2 laser resurfacing enables your skin’s color to seamlessly blend into itself, providing you with a uniform coloration that will help improve its overall appearance and firmness.
If you have Skin Damage -While on the topic of uniform coloration, CO2 laser resurfacing can also help improve the complexion by repairing sun damage or scarring, after the initial redness associated with the treatment has subsided, and it combats a range of associated issues like rosacea.
- No fish oil for a minimum of 10 days prior to treatment.
- Any contacts will need to be removed beforehand.
- Certain skin types maybe required to do pretreatment skin regimens.
- Avoid fillers and Botox for 14 days prior to treatment.
- If there is a known history of herpes virus, acyclovir may be required before and after treatment.
- Apply an occlusive ointment (Aquaphor or Post Procedure Kit) continually during the first 24 hours post procedure. Do NOT wash the treated area(s).
- Vinegar Soaks may be applied frequently to decrease burning and itching sensation.
- Mix one tablespoon white vinegar with one pint of warm water; wet a soft cloth or gauze, soak procedure site for 15 min with dilute vinegar solution. Repeat hourly if desired.
- An oral antihistamine like Benadryl may also be used to reduce itching.
- After 24 hours gently wash area with tepid water and a gentle cleanser three times a day; then immediately re-apply occlusive ointment or use Post Procedure Kit as directed.
- You may shower after 24 hours, but avoid hot water/steam on the treated area.
- Avoid “picking at” and aggressive scrubbing of the exfoliating skin – allow it to gently exfoliate with a gentle washing process.
- Sleeping with head elevated on pillows (head above the heart) for three nights post procedure can help minimize swelling.
- Avoid ALL sun exposure for the first 14 days. Apply sun block minimum SPF 30+, after the fourth day.
- Wear a protective hat outdoors for two weeks after procedure.
- Your environment can negatively affect your recovery:
- Avoid dirty, dusty environments, hairsprays, and perfumes while healing
- Avoid topical exfoliation for four weeks.
- You may use mineral make-up after skin has sloughed and is healed of any continuing exfoliation, pinpoint bleeding, weeping, or crusting
What To Expect:
Some patients report a “hot” feeling that may last from a few hours to a few days.
You will be able to return to your normal day-to-day routine after around nine days post-treatment; a much shorter downtime compared to surgery or other types of treatment. A full face/neck treatment typically requires 7-10 days of healing. The eye area (Madonna lift) heals in about 3 days time.
Individual results vary based on the extent of the initial concerns being treated. You can expect your results to last for several years once you’re done with your treatment sessions. However, the results aren’t permanent. You may need to repeat the procedure at some point.
Following the treatment, you can expect results to last for well over a year at least, with new skin collagen continuing to be created for up to three months post-treatment.
Before & After Photos
“Trina is absolutely amazing! I recently had the Co2 laser treatment with unbelievable results. She also did the diamond glow treatment on me and my face has never looked or felt more clean and soft! I feel like a new and refreshed woman!!”