Diamond Glow All you need to know.
What is Diamond Glow:
DiamondGlow® is more than a facial. Unlike traditional wet facial treatments, which rely on chemical exfoliation to treat skin at surface level, DiamondGlow’s® patented recessed diamond tip wand delivers a next-level resurfacing treatment that deeply cleans and rejuvenates the skin.
DiamondGlow is a fully customizable microdermabrasion treatment. Unlike other skin resurfacing methods, DiamondGlow doesn’t rely on chemical exfoliation, but manually exfoliates using a customizable range of diamond-tipped wands. After a smoothing and deep-cleaning exfoliation, the skin is infused with one or more serums, chosen to address your specific skin care needs. DiamondGlow uses a patented diamond-studded wand to resurface the skin’s outermost layer. Six different wand sizes are available, allowing providers to choose the perfect level of exfoliation for the individual needs of every patient.
Who is it for:
People looking to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, scarring, age spots, and acne concerns with no downtime are good candidates for this procedure.
DiamondGlow™ can help anyone who has acne, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, brown spots, mild wrinkles, skin dullness, and large pores.
- Avoid sun exposure for one week prior to treatment.
- Avoid use of tretinoin, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid 3-7 days prior to treatment as directed by your treatment provider.
- Avoid waxing and/or use of chemical depilatories for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- If you have had other skin rejuvenation procedures in the past month, please discuss with your treatment provider beforehand. Procedures need to have adequate time spacing between them to avoid complications.
There is little to no downtime after microdermabrasion. You should be able to resume your daily activities immediately.
Keep your skin hydrated and use gentle skin care products. Avoid using topical acne medications for at least one day after treatment. It’s extremely important to protect your skin with sunscreen. Your skin can be more sensitive to the sun in the few weeks after the treatment.
What To Expect During The Treatment?
DiamondGlow treatment sessions begin with the provider determining the best diamond tip and serums to meet the needs of the patient. The provider uses the selected wand to make several passes over the surface of the skin during which time patients feel a slight abrasion and suctioning. The closed-loop system simultaneously exfoliates and cleanses.
Shedding dead skin cells and other debris from the skin’s surface provides a deep clean unlike any other. Simultaneously, a gentle suction unclogs and opens pores, which are then treated with a custom serum.
The treatment concludes as the wand applies a custom serum to the skin, which absorbs far more effectively through exposed, clean pores. Clean, open pores are infused with SkinMedica serums. Each is specifically formulated to treat your particular skin care concerns, such as acne, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation or scarring.
What To Expect:
DiamondGlow is a non-invasive 30-minute procedure which requires minimal to no recovery time. Patients are able to return to their regular activities the same day.
Skin may be sensitive following treatment. Light flaking can sometimes occur following treatment. Do not pick, scratch or scrub away flaking. Picking or scrubbing at the skin can lead to skin irritation and complications.
Some patients might experience slight redness immediately following treatment, which should resolve itself within an hour. In addition to redness, some patients report a slight feeling of tightness in their skin.
- Use post care products as directed.
- Use of makeup may be resumed the day after treatment. Apply and remove delicately.
- Avoid direct sun exposure and excessive heat for 1 week following treatment. Skin will be more sensitive following treatment. Sun exposure can result in sunburn and pigment changes. Use caution when outdoors and always use SPF 30 or higher. DiamondGlow treatments may leave you more susceptible to sun damage, so be sure to use sunscreen and avoid significant sun exposure in the 5-7 days following your treatment.
- Avoid hot water, swimming, hot tubs, jacuzzi, steam rooms, yoga, and exercise for 2 days following treatment. If irritation or sensitivity occurs with resumed activities, please discontinue and contact your treatment provider for further instructions.
- Use of tretinoin, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid products may be resumed 7 days post peel as long as skin is not irritated.
- It is recommended that you wait 2 weeks for waxing procedures.
Before & After Photos
“Always professional and clean! Love coming here it’s like home. Trina and staff are amazing!!!”